Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bridal Boutique Madness!

Good grief! Have you been hearing all this chatter about the meanness of certain bridal boutiques? Apparently, it's enough to make some brides turn their backs on these shops altogther. No wonder Filene's Running of the Brides is more popular than ever. Many brides to be were already looking for ways around "boutique-ish" prices, as demonstrated by THIS article on CNN.com.


And now it's come to this: Women being CHARGED to try on wedding dresses. Right now, it's only happening across the pond. But is it only a matter of time before this trend washes up on our shores? Shop owners say they don't have time to cater to women who aren't serious about buying a gown, or women who aren't even engaged but are trying on gowns "for fun". Read the full article HERE. Well there ARE ways to get around all the mayhem. We'll have more tips next week. Stay tuned.



Tell us about your experiences (good or bad) with bridal boutiques in our comments section!

2 comments:

sunshinestar110 said...

I did the bride dash with my friends and it was crazy!!! We had matching t-shirts to identify each other and it was on. We just grabbed anything no matter color or size she got undressed in the middle of one of the aisles and started trying them on!! if it didn't fit we threw it to the side on moved on. it was wild and fun time!!!! I would do it again in a heart beat!!!!!

Rhiannon Bosse said...

Well I did my first purusing this past week and went to three different boutiques. One was high end with appointments only and it was GREAT. No pressue, pure joy and happiness, catered to my style needs and wants and it was wonderful. The other one was just ok and the third was terrible. I went alone and the lady was having such a bad day that I felt like such an inconvenience. I am also trying to figure out what to do about my dress since my dream one is $7000. Have it made or find a similar one?!